6 Steps To Choosing An Engagement Ring
Your engagement band is the most important jewellery purchase you and your partner will ever make. Therefore, you need to ensure that you spend a lot of time and effort when it comes to finding the perfect one for you. Follow this step by step guide and you should be able to find the dream piece of jewellery that you are looking for.
1. Set a budget – You should sit down with your partner and determine how much you can afford to spend on an engagement ring. Gone are the days when three months worth of wages were spent on this piece of jewellery; you need to be realistic. There is a vast range of engagement bands available, and you are bound to find something which fits into your budget range.
2. Seek certification – Any piece of diamond jewellery should come with the GIA certification method. This report will inform you of the details regarding the clarity, cut, carat weight and colour of the diamond. This is pivotal in determining the diamond’s worth and whether it is something suited to your requirements.
3. Choose a good jeweller – A good jeweller will ensure quality and a good after service and so is essential. Read about The History of Chopard for insight into the sort of jewellery you should consider for a piece as important as an engagement ring. Read the testimonials and reviews left by other customers in order to determine whether the jewellery company you are considering is credible or not.
4. Seek something timeless – When looking for an engagement ring ask yourself whether this is something you can see yourself wearing ten years down the line. If the answer is no, then don’t buy it. A marriage is forever and the ring you buy needs to be something which has acquired a timeless quality with regards to trends and styles.
5. Decide on a shape – There are some beautifully shaped diamond rings out there at the moment and you need to decide on what diamond you want. Pear diamonds are a great choice; they are feminine, delicate and pretty. Another popular trend is to go for the emerald cut; this is classy, elegant and a statement selection.
6. Decide on the metal type – There are several different types of metal you can choose from, including; silver, yellow gold, rose gold, white gold, platinum and more. It is advisable to go for a metal which you tend to wear the most of anyway as you know you are always going to like it.
If you follow these six steps and consider each one carefully then you should have no problem when it comes to finding the perfect engagement ring. Remember; never be pressured into buying something then and there, if you need a lot of time to make your decision then that’s fine. An engagement band is a substantial investment and it is something which will last you a lifetime, so choose wisely.